Chinese diver proposes marriage at Olympics medal ceremony


There are dramatic marriage proposals - and then there's proposing during the biggest sporting competition in the world.

Chinese diver He Zi had just received a silver medal for the women's three-metre springboard at the Rio Olympics on Sunday.

But she ended up with an even bigger prize when her boyfriend Qin Xai, in front of a global TV audience, went down on one knee.

Luckily for Qin, who himself won bronze in the men's three-metre synchronised springboard last week, He Zi said yes.

"We've been dating for six years, but I didn't expect him to propose today," she said. "He said a lot of things, made a lot of promises, but I think the thing that touched me the most is I think this is the guy I can trust for the rest of my life."

Watch proposal moment here (only in UK)





Source: BBC News

Post A Comment